Join us for this true lunch and learn opportunity and have lunch with our mayors.
Our 2024 Mayors Forum will explore the roles of parks as public venues that can be used to promote emotional, physical, and environmental healing; serve as sources of social cohesion in these divisive times; and how they can point the way toward new ideas of what our cities–from downtown centers to neighborhoods–can become.
Among other topics, our moderator will ask our panel of mayors from around the country:
- How should city leaders and their partners balance competing needs for their precious public spaces and parks?
- How should these spaces evolve to meet changing conditions in the urban realms, including the conversion of downtown vacant commercial real estate to mixed-use development?
- How can we design them to function as green infrastructure that can make our cities more resilient and inclusive of people who live throughout the city, to address past injustices and create a more equitable present?
- Who are the key partners and stakeholders who need to be involved?
- What is the role of local government in bringing all this about?
More speaker information to come.
During this program, we will also look at the phenomenal results of Sunday’s Volunteer Service Day and also look forward to Greater & Greener 2026 in Austin.