Tech Tools for Improved Park Management
Data and technology are powerful tools which can enhance park management and maintenance. They can also be intimidating. Attendees will learn how New York City and Denver have developed and evolved data management and technology within their departments over many years to better plan, implement and track management and maintenance activities. Successes, challenges and failures will be shared. Speakers will also highlight how data and technology have been used to increase funding for park maintenance.
- Learn to discern what data is useful and available to collect relating to park systems.
- Learn how data supports managers, supervisors, and senior management in decision making.
- Understand how data and technology can be used to inform innovative park maintenance.
- Understand how to develop and implement metrics to determine success; and use results to adjust practices.
- Determine how to engage staff in the development and implementation of technology for park maintenance.