All you need to know before you go!
Welcome to Greater & Greener
Thank you for exhibiting at Greater & Greener 2019: Exploring Natural Connections, the international urban parks conference taking place at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, July 20-24, 2019. We are delighted to have you exhibit at this unique conference experience. Given the nature of this event, we request that you keep your carbon footprint to a minimum where possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Greater & Greener Conference HQ
c/o Poplar Events, LLC
8 Poplar Street I Elmsford, NY 10523
Greater & Greener Exhibition Manager
(914) 294-5039 x14 I (720) 210-6653 (c)
Greater & Greener Production Manager
(720) 243-9393 (c)
Lead Conference Coordinator
(914) 294-5039 x10 | (970) 390-6272 (c)
Venue Management I Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Manager of Special Events Operations
Denver Performing Arts Complex
1345 Champa Street I Denver, CO 80204
(720) 865-4204 | (773) 350-5111
In addition to your 10’ x 10’ exhibit space (8’ x 30’ table with overlay and two chairs), your exhibitor benefits include:
- Company name listed on the Greater & Greener website with link
- Listing in the conference program
- One complimentary Greater & Greener full conference registration; 10% discount on up to two additional conference registrations
- One additional ticket to both the opening (7/21/19) and closing receptions (7/23/19); 10% discount on additional reception tickets
- Complimentary admission to the exhibition hall reception on 7/22/19
- Complimentary admission to the exhibition hall ice cream social on 7/23/19
- Access to lead-retrieval smartphone app to gather attendee contact information
- Discounted lodging at the conference hotel
- Complimentary one-time monitored use of post-conference attendee list (sent directly to your mail house or list management firm)
Exhibitor Schedule and Related Events
SUNDAY, JULY 21, 2019
Load-In | 11:00am - 5:00pm
Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Opening Reception | 6:30pm - 9:00pm
MONDAY, JULY 22, 2019
Exhibition Hall Hours | 7:30am – 7:00pm
Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Coffee & Tea Service | 7:30am – 8:30am
Break | 10:30am – 11:15am
Lunch | 12:30pm – 1:45pm
Served from Exhibition Hall
Break | 1:45pm – 2:30pm
TUESDAY, JULY 23, 2019
Exhibition Hall Hours | 7:30am – 3:30pm
Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Coffee & Tea Service | 7:30am – 8:30am
Break | 10:30am – 11:15am
Lunch on Your Own | 12:30pm – 1:45pm
Break and Ice Cream Social | 1:45pm – 2:30pm
Load-Out | 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Closing Reception | 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Civic Center Park
Your exhibitor space is a 10’ x 10’ designated area with an 8’ x 30” table (with overlay) and two chairs. No additional furniture or equipment is provided in the exhibitor rate. Your space will be assigned by City Parks Alliance. The space will be numbered for your convenience and we will provide your space number to you prior to your arrival.
WiFi is provided free of charge and is sufficient for checking emails, social media websites, or general browsing. If you plan to stream online media at your exhibit, we recommend rental of a wired internet line. You can order this directly through Jennifer Taylor at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House (Jennifer.Taylor@denvergov.org).
Access to a standard electrical plug is included in your fee. If you require an additional power drop, it needs to be ordered directly from the Ellie Caulkins Opera House. A 120-volt, 20 amp is the most common.
Additional equipment, such as video monitors, DVD players, HDMI cables, and more may be ordered through Image Audio Visual. Click the link below for a downloadable order form.
Exhibition Hall Map
Shipping Materials to the Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Please have all deliveries to the Ellie Caulkins Opera House made to the address below no earlier than three business days prior to the start of the event:
Denver Performing Arts Complex
ATTN: Jennifer Taylor, Manager of Special Event Operations
1345 Champa Street
Denver, CO 80204
Please also label the packages with the following information:
Greater & Greener 2019 International Parks Conference
Attn: (Exhibitor Name)
Monday, July 22 and Tuesday, July 23
Important Information About Freight Shipments:
The Ellie Caulkins Opera House has limited capacity to store and manage any freight shipped prior to the Conference. Shipments to the Ellie Caulkins Opera House should arrive no earlier than three business days prior to the event.
The Ellie Caulkins Opera House will not be held responsible for any missing or damaged freight. Should you have special requirements for deliveries, please contact Jennifer Taylor (Jennifer.Taylor@denvergov.org) for arrangements.
Load-In and Load-Out | Lead-Retrieval Software
Load-in at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House is on Sunday, July 21, 2019, from 11 AM through 5 PM. Exhibitors should report to the Greater & Greener registration desk to check in and obtain credentials first before heading to the loading dock. The registration desk is located on the Galleria outside of the main entrance to the Opera House. Meter parking is available on 14th street. Do not park at hooded meters as they are reserved for conference transportation, and you may be towed.
If you are planning to use the loading dock, please email your intention to firstname.lastname@example.org three days in advance as we have to provide a list of loading dock users to security. You will need proper state identification as well as your conference badge. You may unload of all of your materials at the loading dock, bring them to your table, and return to park your car. Vehicles may not be left at the loading dock for more than 15 minutes to allow others to use the dock. Smaller items may be carried into the Ellie via the front door. Wheeled hand trucks, carts, or dollies are not permitted. If you shipped your materials in advance to the Ellie, they will be waiting at your exhibit space.
Once unloaded, you may park your car at the parking garage at the Performing Arts Center or across Champa street at the Colorado Convention Center. Click here for additional information. Overnight parking is not permitted.
Load-out begins on Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 3:30 PM. Please remove all items from the exhibit space. If you are shipping your material, please bring all the necessary shipping labels and information you require as the Ellie Caulkins Opera House does not have a shipping office nor access to forms. Your items will be collected from the exhibition hall and brought to the loading dock for shipment pick up the following day.
Greater & Greener has partnered with Cvent to provide onsite lead retrieval for exhibitors. Cvent LeadCapture will be available for purchase in two different license options—renting a scanner, and using your own device to scan leads (iPhone or Android phone required).
Cost: Cvent app only: $249 for the first device and $149 for each additional device
Cvent app and device:
- $299 per device if ordered before 12 AM MT on 6/21/19
- $349 per device if ordered between 6/21/19 and before 7/5/2019
- $399 per device if ordered after 12 AM MT 7/5/2019, including onsite
To create an online profile to order and manage your software, visit https://onsite.cvent.com/exhibitor/#/login/410C3F2BBA35 .
Due to recent changes in privacy law, how you collect and utilize data has changed. See items 17 & 18 in the rules and regulations section of this document.
Lead Capture Order Form and Documentation
Additional Venue Information
Nothing may be taped, nailed, tacked or otherwise affixed to ceilings, painted surfaces, fire sprinklers, columns, fabric, or decorative walls. The release of glitter and distribution of any adhesive-backed sticker are also strictly forbidden.
Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, vaporizers, or similar products is not permitted indoors or within 15 feet outside any entrance or exit. This policy includes the loading dock.
The following items are prohibited inside arts complex venues:
- All outside food and beverages (exceptions: factory-sealed water bottles and Limelight beverages in plastic cups with lids)
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, and illegal drugs
- Glass bottles or aluminum/steel cans
- Laser pointers (will be confiscated)
- Hard-sided coolers (hard-sided and/or soft sided larger than 10”x7”x7”)
- Audio or video recording devices, GoPros, professional cameras or cameras with removable lenses
- Weapons or items construed as weapons (including, but not limited to: firearms, knives exceeding 3.5 inches, sharp-edged objects, sticks, fireworks, mace and pepper spray, tasers, props/toys)
- Framed back packs
- Bullhorns or noisemakers
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Personal property that is a potential hazard to others (e.g., chains, wallet chains, or jewelry with spiked edges)
- Animals (except service animals)
- Bicycles, scooters, or inline skates
- Remote control flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Glass objects
- Nitrous oxide tanks
- Consumable marijuana, hemp, or other illegal drugs (e.g. oils, vapors, edibles)
At the conclusion of each day, we request that you power down all non-essential equipment.
For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions are subject to inspection as a condition of admittance. Please have your bags open and available for inspection. Denver Performing Arts Complex management reserves final decision on items brought into the venue.
The Denver Performing Arts Complex enforces the City of Denver rules on marijuana.
Please do not leave valuables unattended at any time during the exhibition. Any and all valuables should be taken with you for overnight storage. City Parks Alliance and the Ellie Caulkins Opera House will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that may occur to the company’s representatives or property from any cause whatsoever prior, during, and subsequent to the exhibition. Any exhibit equipment is the exhibitor’s responsibility to secure and ship as directed in this publication. Any found property should be handed in at the Greater & Greener registration desk. All persons entering the premises must display proper conference credentials and may be subject to search.
Certificate of Insurance
The exhibitor acknowledges that the Ellie Caulkins Opera House does not maintain insurance covering exhibitor’s property. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance covering such losses by the exhibitor.
The exhibitor shall, at its own expense, secure and maintain throughout the period of the conference, commercial liability insurance with combined single limit of at least $1,000,000 for each occurrence and in aggregate for bodily injury and property damage. “The City and County of Denver, its officers, officials, and employees as owners of the premises” and City Parks Alliance shall be named as additionally insured for the dates of the conference. Also, unless exempt pursuant to applicable Colorado law, the exhibitor shall maintain worker’s compensation coverage for each work location and shall maintain employer’s liability insurance with limits of $100,000 for each bodily occurrence claim, $100,000 for each bodily injury caused by disease claim, and $500,000 aggregate for all bodily injuries caused by disease claims.
The exhibitor shall provide a copy of the certificate of insurance to the exhibitor coordinator, Sean Morrison, no later than Friday, July 5, 2019. A sample certificate of insurance is available upon request.
Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
1. City Parks Alliance (CPA) will present an international urban parks conference, Greater & Greener 2019: Exploring Natural Connections (Conference), in Denver July 20-24, 2019. Keynote, plenary sessions, and limited breakout sessions of the Conference and the exhibition hall will take place at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, 1400 Curtis Street, Denver, CO 80204. Additional breakout sessions will be held at the CU Denver School of Architecture and Planning building located at 1250 14th Street, Denver CO 80202 and other locations. Mobile workshops and events will be held at various locations off site.
2. Should CPA fail to hold the Conference and events or furnish to the Exhibitor the space herein described, it shall promptly refund the Exhibition Fee, and such refund shall be accepted by the Exhibitor in full settlement of all loss or damage suffered by the Exhibitor. Should CPA fail to hold the Conference or furnish to the Exhibitor the space herein described due to destruction of or damage to the building or the exhibit area by fire, or act of war, public enemy, strikes, the authority of law, or any cause beyond its control, liability to CPA shall be limited to refund of the Exhibitor fee, less a proportionate share of all expenses incurred by CPA related to the Exhibition space.
3. CPA reserves the right to exercise sole discretion in acceptance or refusal of applications. The space assigned is allocated to the Exhibitor for its exclusive use. The Exhibitor may not assign or sublet any space allotted.
4. Exhibits must be removed by 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 23, 2019. If exhibits are not removed by that time, CPA reserves the right to remove exhibits and charge the expenses to the Exhibitor. No exhibit shall be broken down or altered in any form during hours of Exhibition Space operation.
5. The Exhibitor agrees that CPA shall have the right to make regulations or changes in floor plan arrangements of tables for the exhibition, as it shall deem necessary, and to amend these regulations from time to time. All determinations by CPA regarding the enforcement of rules, regulations, and conditions under this contract shall be final and binding upon the Exhibitor.
6. The Exhibitor may not advertise or display goods other than those designated in this contract. The sponsors, their agents, or representatives of this event cannot guarantee by your exhibiting at this event, any financial gain to you or your organization; nor can they guarantee attendance.
7. Neither CPA, The Ellie Caulkins Opera House (ECOH), Poplar Events LLC (Poplar), their agents, employees, or subcontractors shall be liable for injuries to the Exhibitor, his or her agents, or employees, no matter how sustained. All claims for such loss, damage, or injury are hereby expressly waived by the Exhibitor. It is understood that neither CPA, the ECOH, nor the legal entities, which own, lease, and/or operate the ECOH, nor their members, officers, directors, or employees, shall be responsible or liable for injury to any person or persons or for loss or damage to any property belonging to the Exhibitor while at the ECOH. The Exhibitor assumes complete responsibility and liability for all loss, damage, or destruction of property of the Exhibitor, guests, and all property of the ECOH used by the Exhibitor or brought upon the premises on his or her behalf. The Exhibitor also assumes full responsibility and liability for all injury to any and all persons or property in any way connected with the Exhibitor’s display caused by the employees. The Exhibitor indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless CPA, the ECOH, Poplar and their respective members, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from and against any and all liability whatsoever arising from and/or all damage to property or personal injury caused by the Exhibitor or his agents, representatives, employees, or other persons.
8. CPA shall not be liable for loss or damage to the property, which Exhibitor may suffer during installation or removal or during the Conference, by reason of burglary, fire, accident, or any destructive cause.
9. Exhibitor shall, at its own expense, secure and maintain throughout the period of the Conference, commercial liability insurance with combined single limit of at least $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage. CPA and the ECOH shall be named as additionally insured for the dates of the Conference. At least 15 days prior to the Conference (Friday, July 5, 2019), Exhibitor shall submit the Certificate of Insurance as evidence of coverage. Please submit Certificates of Insurance electronically to email@example.com or by mail to: City Parks Alliance, ATTN: Exhibition Coordinator, 1777 Church Street, Washington, DC 20036.
10. Exhibitor may not deface the walls, floors, or ceilings and must leave the facility in the same condition as it was prior to move in and shall assume responsibility for damage to the facilities of the ECOH.
11. All signs and banners are subject to approval by CPA, the ECOH or its agents. Handwritten or sandwich signs are not permitted.
12. Exhibitors shall not make use of loud bells, sirens, or buzzers or otherwise cause any loud noises as, in the opinion of CPA, would interfere with the activities of the Conference or neighboring Exhibitors.
13. No activities in the Exhibition Hall shall be scheduled during the time of official program or exhibit hours except with express written permission of CPA.
14. All exhibitors are responsible for arranging shipment of all materials to and from the ECOH as described in this Exhibitor’s Manual. ECOH does not maintain a shipping office on premise and exhibitors are required to bring their own shipping necessities.
15. Cancellation of exhibit space must be directed in writing to Poplar Events at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds are made at the discretion of CPA, but in no event will a refund be made for a cancellation made after June 20, 2019. If the Exhibitor does not claim or occupy his or her assigned space before 7:00 a.m. on July 22, 2019, CPA may terminate this contract. The defaulting Exhibitor shall not be entitled to the refund of any sums paid in advance to CPA.
16. Exhibitor’s company representative, and/or agent shall be held jointly, collectively, and individually responsible for any and all debts incurred for all exhibit costs, fees, or charges.
17. As a benefit to Exhibitors, CPA may, at their discretion, provide a one-time use of conference attendee information for further marketing. This list will be seeded for monitoring purposes. Exhibitors using this information in violation of the one-time use policy agree to pay a $5,000 per use penalty to CPA and will not be permitted to exhibit at any future Greater & Greener conference. In light of recent changes to regulations regarding privacy and use of personal information, actively or passively collected, participants may “opt-out” of 3rd party or non-essential conference communications. Individuals who express this desire to conference organizers will be removed from any participant lists shared with exhibitors.
18. All exhibitors collecting participant data on their own, electronically or in any other manner, actively or passively, must have their company’s Privacy Statement readily accessible for participant review in accordance with new regulations. All requests to have participant data removed must be honored.